CAT is popularly known as Common Admission Test for the aspirants who want to pursue their studies in the field of MBA. It is one of the most reputed examinations in India as the aspirants get a chance to learn in our countries top Management institutions. Students who want to get through this exam should have a complete knowledge and understanding of exam pattern, syllabus, cut off marks, the process of application, results etc. Let us understand in brief the details of CAT Exam 2017:-
CAT 2017 Examination Details:
|Organising Board:||IIM Lucknow|
|Notification date:||July 2017(end)|
|Online Application form:||August 2017|
|Examination Date:||November/December 2017|
|Exam Pattern:||Combination of MCQ and non-MCQ|
|No. of questions:||100|
|Mode of Exam:||Online( Computer based)|
|Admit card availability:||October 2017|
|Results Declaration:||January 2017|
|Website for Application form:||www.iiml.ac.in|
CAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
It is important for a student to know the Eligibility Criteria for applying for the CAT 2017 Exam. There are specific requirements which are required to apply for this exam and candidates must adhere to it. These are as follows:-
- Must be Graduate from a reputed institution/ university which should be recognized by UGC.
- Should have obtained minimum passing marks of 50 for general category and 45 for reserved category in the examination.
- Final year students are also eligible to apply provided they fill the requirements as per the IIM norms.
Also Read:- CAT Exam 2017- Syllabus and Preparation Tips
CAT 2017 Application Form Process:
- Register on the official website of CAT 2017 for receiving User ID and Password for login
- Download the application form from the official website of the conducting organization.
- Fill in the details such as personal, educational, IIM Institute, the center for test and interview, any work experience details etc.
- Candidate should be ready in advance with their photo and scanned signature so that they can attach along with the application form.
- Verify the information entered thoroughly, as there will no chance of correcting it later.
- The mode of payment is through online Net Banking or Credit/Debit card.
- Candidates should also note down their application number for any further references.
- Candidates are required to submit the application details along with Fee payments as per the specified date. Any delays lead to the rejection of the application.
Exam Pattern for CAT 2017:
Exam Pattern for CAT exams remains the same mostly however it might change depending upon the discretion of the conducting body. It includes a computer based online test for a duration of 3 hours. It consists of 100 questions with a combination of MCQ and non MCQ. There are three sections mainly-
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VRC)
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)
- Quantitative Ability (QA)
Section Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VRC) Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR) Quantitative Ability (QA) Multiple Choice Questions MCQ 24 24 27 Non- MCQ 10 8 7 Total questions 34 32 34
- Each section is allotted one hour, each question carries three marks and there is negative marking of one mark for every wrong answer. There is no negative marking for non MCQ questions or the ones which are not attempted. Candidates need to be very careful in conducting the Multiple choice questions any wrong decision means one mark cut which brings a big difference to the total marks.
- Note: – The above details are provided based on the last year details, the candidates are requested to check thoroughly the notification details at the official website for any changes or additions.
To get latest information and tips about CAT Exam 2017, Subscribe Us. If you like this article then share to your friends in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn… Let us know what is your point of view about CAT Exam 2017 via Comment.
You May Also Like:-
- MBA Courses, Eligibility, Fees, Entrance Exam, Admission, Colleges
- CAT Exam 2017- Syllabus and Preparation Tips
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page